1. Party with That’s Normal http://thats-normal.com/2015/07/are-you-going-to-san-diego-comic-con-were-having-a-party/ (instead I'll be following the #TNSDCC, living vicariously through them.)
2. Go to Comic Con. http://comic-con.org/ (If I could ever get tickets. One day I’ll win the Comic Con lottery. )
3. I’d attend the panel for the new Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. I’m looking forward to seeing Gal Gadot. (Wonder Woman is a superhero I grew up wishing I could be like.)
4. Watch Star Wars: The Force Awakens movie trailer. J.J. Abrams is sure to have a big reveal. http://www.starwars.com/the-force-awakens/
5. Support female superheroes at the Super girl panel.
6. See Zachary Levi at the Heroes Reborn panel. (Or I could see him at NERD HQ at his ‘Conversation for a Cause’ event.)
8. Watch awkwardly funny Conan O’Brien host his show.
9. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter panels would be awesome to see. (If I miss them at Comic Con there is always NERD HQ)
11. Joss Whedon will be at NERD HQ and I want to ask him one simple question.
Joss would be a great screenwriter/director to bring the Zenobia Book Series to the big screen. He has a knack at creating characters with depth, compassion and humor. He brings tension to a movie with great action sequences. He’d be perfect at mixing Zenobia’s historical legend into today’s superhero craze.
What would I ask Joss during the panel if I had the chance?
Hi Joss, big fan. (Blush, because I know everybody says that.) How does someone submit a novel to your film company for consideration to be your next film project?
12. Favorite actor Nathan Fillion is doing two different panels at NERD HQ ‘Conversation for a Cause’ and I’d love to be at one of them.
13. On Monday, I'd love to be at the Arclight Theater in Hollywood ready to watch the special screening of The Storytellers: New Voices of the Twilight Saga (The contest for female filmmakers to create new twilight short films.) Q&A by the filmmakers and Stephenie Meyer will follow the screening. I’d like to offer up the Zenobia Book Series for the next book series to be turned into a film. Zenobia’s life story will accomplish the need for more women in film with a female lead that’s strong and heroic. What do you say Stephenie?
14. The last but most important thing I’d like to be doing this weekend is relaxing on a beach while watching the waves. (There is no way I’m getting in the water… It’s Shark Week!)
How about you, would you want to join in on any of these fun and exciting things happening on the biggest Geek Weekend ever?
*Remember last year when I said "Comic-Con San Diego here we come" and how I mentioned that we'd be involved in this year's events.
(ICYMI - here's the blog from last year. http://geodepress.com/comic-con-san-diego-here-we-come/.)
We decided since book two, Zenobia - Challenging a Legend is not available yet we'd hold off another year. Plus, our attempts to get tickets to even attend Comic-Con seem an impossible dream.